CURRENT HIRING STATUS:
***We are currently accepting resumes for future positions***
***Resumes filed past 90 days will be deleted and persons still interested in applying must resubmit an updated resume***
***MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL IS INCLUDED ON YOUR RESUME***
***RESUMES SHOULD BE KEPT TO ONE PAGE, TWO PAGE MAXIMUM***
Thank you for your interest in employment with U.S. Prisoner Transport. The following are requirements that must be met to begin the application process with this agency. If selected, a human resource professional will contact you with further instructions.
Please note that usually their is a waiting period up to three months to be contacted. Once contacted the hiring process takes about one to four months. All applicants MUST have a D & G license verified by the Division of Licensing State of Florida prior to being contacted.
OFFICE LOCATION: Please know that our office is based in Melbourne, FL and that we usually hire personnel that resides no more than three hours driving distance away from our office since this is an on call full-time position.
In order for the application process to begin, a resume must be submitted. If selected, an initial appointment for an interview will be offered. You should come prepared and be dressed in appropriate attire. USPT is a Drug-Free Workplace, and screening tests for alcohol and illegal drug use is required before and during your employment. We are an equal employment opportunity.
- Title: Transportation Officer/Extradition Officer
- Position is based on a full time on-call status.
- Must be able to travel from (1) to (12) days. (Trips may be delayed due to traffic, weather, vehicle maintenance and more. Officers must be flexible.)
- Must be able to initiate every trip from Melbourne, FL location.
- Must be able to drive day or night and in different weather conditions.
- Must have own weapon (9 mm, 40 or 45 Cal.) with a minimum level 2 retention holster.
- Must have own gun belt, black plain leather or nylon and black boots.
- Be able to pass 180-day probation period.
- Vacation: ► One week after one year. ► One week every six months after three years.
- Insurance provided after 30 days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSPORTATION/EXTRADITION OFFICER:
1) Pass a pre-employment qualification exam.
2) Be a U.S. citizen.
3) Driver must be the age of 23 years or older.
4) Must not have more than (1) one minor violation in the last three years.
5) No at fault accident in the last three years.
6) No major violations in the past three years.
7) No license suspension.
8) Be a high school graduate or possess a GED. (PROVIDE A COPY OF DIPLOMA)
9) Not have been convicted of a felony.
10) Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statement, perjury or domestic violence.
11) Possess a valid Florida driver’s license or CDL class B/C with passenger endorsement or permit with passenger endorsement.
12) Must possess a USDOT medical card.(Can be obtained after an offer of employment has been made)
13) Prior law enforcement/corrections, military experience preferred, but will accept experience as an ARMED security officer.
** TO BEGIN THE PROCESS PLEASE FAX RESUMES TO 321-725-5524 OR EMAIL TO: CAREERS@USPRISONERTRANSPORT.COM